If you’re thinking of moving to Lutterworth, then now just might be the right time. Recent figures provided by Zoopla and published by the Leicester Mercury, indicate Lutterworth being the highest value property in Leicestershire!
Average sales prices came in at £363,705 with Zoopla’s ZED Index indicating £373,223. This means on average it will cost you £20,000 more than if you were to move to Market Harborough, the closest local competitor. For those thinking of moving to Ashby, this was the only other town topping the £300k mark.
Lutterworth is a historic town steeped in history, with a mention in the Doomsday book in 1086. Sir John Wycliffe first translated the bible here and that also attracted Gideons International to make it their global HQ. Sir Frank Whittle developed the first jet engine at the British Thomson-Houston works in Lutterworth. The market (on Thursdays) was first established back in 1214 and is thought to be one of the longest-running markets in the UK.
With this comes an enormous variety of historic properties from across the ages. From old coach houses to victorian terraces, Lutterworth appears to have homes to suit every taste. A small selection of flats and an ever-growing number of new build developments have been built to accommodate the growing population, but not nearly enough to meet demand.
When scouring the market for your next property, it’s useful to understand that many of the properties in the town centre have some real history behind them and may be protected by Grade 2 status, so well worth checking out if you intend to make alterations.
Where is best for me?
There are lots of different pockets of houses ideal for different ages, lifestyles and demands. Let’s take a look at the best areas for each type of buyer:
Families: Popular areas for typical 3,4 and 5-bedroom houses include Greenacres, tasteful new build estates off Brookfield Way (near the Country Park), Saxon Fields for more established properties, larger new build homes on the estates surrounding the edges of Lutterworth near Bitteswell and new build estates at the junction of Coventry Road and Brookfield Way. There are also some beautiful houses that are rarely for sale along Bitteswell Road, St Marys Road and WoodMarket.
Couples/Singles: There are often apartments and flats around the town centre, along with smaller two-bedroom historic properties in Baker Street. Most areas where younger people tend to reside are mainly around the town centre and some of the areas provide two-bedroom houses throughout Lutterworth.
Retirees: The Hawthorns is one of the larger assisted living communities in Lutterworth for the over 55’s, just off the popular Greenacres Estate. Other areas with predominantly bungalows include Carson Gardens in the centre of town, several streets off Cunningham Drive and estates coming from Woodway Road.
So, why is Lutterworth Leading The Way?
Simply due to a variety of convenient factors most homebuyers are looking for:
- Excellent transport links:
- On M1 J20
- A few miles from M6 J1, A14 J1
- 8 miles to Rugby for 47 minute trains to London Euston and half hour trains to Birmingham Airport
- Around 1hr 20 ins to The Cotswolds and The Peak District
- Plus only two and half hours to the coast!
- Great schools across all age ranges:
- Little Rainbows nursery (Ofsted Good 2016)
- Sherrier Primary School (Ofsted Good 2016)
- Lutterworth College (Oftsted Good 2017)
- There is a wide range of amenities within the local area:
- Lutterworth Leisure Centre
- Classrooms Gin & Real Ale House
- Lutterworth Golf Club
- The White Swan restaurant in Shawell for fine dining
- Kilworth House Theatre
- Lutterworth Country Park
- Lutterworth is generally a pretty safe place to live and bring up a family:
- According to crimerate.co.uk ‘Lutterworth is among the top 10 safest small towns in Leicestershire’
- And 56 crimes per thousand of the population
- Strong neighbourhood watch and community support
- Hospital, two surgeries and two dentists
If you are thinking of moving to Lutterworth from anywhere across the UK, why not get in touch with our expert team to assist with your home move?
With many years of experience and a growing operation, Lee and his team cover every detail and client satisfaction is the key driver. This is clearly demonstrated throughout their reviews on both google and Trust Pilot.